Valentine's Day is a special day to express your love and care for your loved and dear ones. It is not necessary that love can only be expressed between lovers, as it is a universal feeling that bonds us with other human beings. It can be shared between parents and children, brothers and sisters, and teachers and friends. Being the special day of love, people can use the occasion to express in different ways how much they care about their dear ones. They get busy with various activities related to Valentine's Day and indulge in exchanging messages and gifts. As a popular activity for the day, you can choose to make Valentine's Day crafts to gift to the people you love and care for. There are a wide range of Valentine's Day crafts that you can choose from. Read further to know some easy Valentine's Day crafts.
Simple Valentine's Day Crafts Ideas
Paper Heart Garland
Looking for some Valentine's Day crafts that are easy to create? Read the following article to know some easy Valentine's Day crafts.
Easy Valentine's Day Crafts
- Construction paper, scrapbook paper, gift wrap or wallpaper.
- Heart-shaped template
- Transparent tape
- To make this craft, print and cut out a heart-shaped template or you can choose to draw your own heart-shape on a piece of stiff paper.
- The next step includes folding the paper like an accordion or a fan, making each fold of the same width as the heart template.
- Now put the folded paper on the table, and place the heart template on top of it. Remember that the compressed sections of the heart-shape should be positioned against the folds on the left and the right sides of the paper.
- In case you are using the drawn heart-shape without compressed sides, put the heart-shape on the paper in a way that the edges partly cover the sides of the paper just a little at the top.
- Outline the heart-shape and cut it out around the bottom point and also around the curves at the top. Remember not to cut the flattened edges on each side.
- Once your folded hearts are complete, they will look like a Valentine garland. In case the Valentine garland you just made isn’t long enough, you can create another and join the two with a transparent tape.
- Polished stones from a dollar store or craft store, or smooth stones.
- Paint markers of your choice. For the hearts, use white, pink and green.
- Fridge magnets or jewellery pins
- Glitter glue
- Hot glue gun and glue sticks or strong craft glue.
- It is a very easy craft and requires choosing some stones of suitable shapes. You can either choose the triangular-shaped stones that can be used to paint hearts on or you can select round stones to create pumpkin designs. Irregular shaped stones can also be attractive.
- First of all, wash the stones with soap and water and dry them completely.
- Now paint the stone in the base color and keep them for drying.