Love is a beautiful feeling that makes the world a beautiful place to live in. It is the base of every relation and every bond between living souls. As Valentine's Day is a special day of celebrating this mutual love between human beings, use it to express your care and affection to the special persons in your life. The special person can be anyone; he/she can be a father, mother, brother, sister, teacher or friend. This day also involves a number of colorful activities like sending gifts, exchanging greetings and making crafts. Valentine's Day crafts proves to be such a great fun activity for kids that they can really enjoy creating crafts while adults are busy exchanging greetings and gifts between each other. There is a large number of Valentine's Day crafts that kids can choose from to create on this day. Read further to know about some very easy and pleasing Valentine's Day crafts for kids.
Valentine's Day Craft Ideas for Children
Valentine Handprint Wall Hanging
There are various types of Valentine's Day crafts available for kids. Read the following article to know about some Valentine's Day crafts for kids.
Valentine's Day Crafts for Kids
- 1 sheet of pink construction paper.
- 9" x 12" piece of white poster board or cardstock.
- Crepe paper streamers in festive colors cut into 14" lengths.
- 18" piece of yarn
- Acrylic paints (light blue, red and pink)
- Ask your kid to make a fist with both hands.
- Starting with the left hand, paint the side of their pinky finger with the help of a paintbrush. Also paint below the side of the hand. Press the hand on the poster board forming the left side of the heart. In the same fashion, create the right side of the heart using the right hand.
- In case you want to use different colors, follow the above step with different color.
- Leave the paint to get dry on the poster board and wash off the kid's hands.
- Once the painted hearts are dry, crop the poster board edges to fit evenly on the pink construction paper, to create framed border. Remember to leave some space above and below the hearts to write names and a special greeting for Valentine’s Day.
- Paste the poster board to the construction paper and then crop the construction paper if necessary.
- To write children's names below handprint hearts, use crayons. And in the same manner, write Valentine’s Day in the space above the hearts.
- Overturn the paper and use the tape to stick the crepe paper strips to the back of the paper. This way they will appear hanging down from the bottom of the sheet.
- Join the yarn hanger to the back with the help of the tape. If required use scissors to trim.
- You can hang it up on a door or a wall.
- Red pre-cutadhesive-backed craft foam hearts in small and large sizes
- Red chenille stems
- Wire cutters
- Hot glue gun
- White poster board
- Stapler, tape, or glue (to fasten hat together)
- Pink pre-cut adhesive-backed craft foam hearts in small size (optional)
- To make this easy craft, cut a strip of poster board that can easily fit around a child's head. It should be about 2" wide.
- Try the band on the head of child and mark the sides with the help of a pen.
- Now cut red chenille stems in half length with the help of wire cutters.
- Paste the stems on the outside of the poster board on marked places.
- Paste a small heart over chenille stems.
- Also attach a large red heart at the other ends of chenille stems.
- Ask your children to decorate with the help of the remaining small craft foam hearts or other decorations like laces, stickers, markers and crayons.
- Tape or staple the hat to fit your child’s head.