Among all the emotions of mankind, love is the most powerful one that binds all the human beings together. Philosophically, it is said that love is the quality that represents the entire combination of human kindness, compassion and affection. Valentine's Day is that special occasion where you can express the true feeling of love towards your loved ones. You will be surprised with the fact that a great number of people use this day to express their care and affection more towards their teachers and friends than lovers. People very commonly express their love in the form of gifts, greeting cards, messages, flowers and chocolates. The other interesting activity from the day includes making various types of Valentine's Day crafts. These Valentine's Day crafts come with variety of options including crafts for kids, crafts for lovers, heart crafts and many others. Heart is a symbol of love and is very commonly seen during Valentine's Day. Making a heart craft will only add to the charm of this occasion. Read further to know some common Valentine's Day heart crafts.
Heart Crafts for Valentine's Day
Are you looking for some Valentine's Day heart crafts? Read the following article to know about some heart crafts for Valentine's Day.
Valentine's Day Heart Crafts
- 1 Red Chenille Stem
- 1 White Chenille Stem
- 12 Inches Narrow White Ribbon
- Hot Glue or Tacky Glue
- Start by folding the red chenille stem in half length and wind together the open ends of the stem.
- Form a heart shape by pinching the folded section and pushing it down toward the joined area.
- To make an arrow, chop a white chenille stem to a 6" length, another piece of white chenille stem to a 1½ inch length, and another piece to a 1 inch length.
- Twist the 1½ inch piece steadily around the six inch length and form the arrow point.
- To form the arrow's end, twist the 1 inch chenille stem around the 6 inch length and shape.
- Paste the arrow in place.
- Paste a six to seven inch piece of ribbon to make a hanger.
- At last, tie a little ribbon bow and paste it in such a way that it covers the ends of the ribbon hanger.
Cupid Heart Card
- Heart-shaped cookie cutter, about 4-5"
- Pink craft foam
- 1 drinking straw
- Craft knife
- 2 fluffy pink feathers
- White craft glue
- White paint pen or a marker
- Take a pink craft foam and draw two cookie cutter shapes on it. In case you are using two different colors, outline one on to each color.
- Cut out the hearts shapes.
- Place the drinking straw across one of the hearts. Keep it at an angle, and while still holding the straw in place, mark two dots at the "entry" and "exit" points with the help of a pencil.
- Cut slits in the heart with the help of the craft knife and put in the straw through the slits.
- Using the craft knife, cut one inch slit towards the center of the left end of the corner. Cut out a triangle of 2" in length from the pink craft foam and put it into the slit you made for the straw. Put some craft glue to fix it.
- Apply some craft glue inside the other end of the straw and put in the two pink feathers.
- Now keep the second pink foam heart on the front table. Apply a line of white craft glue to the top humps of the foam heart. Glue the straw on the top of the heart and line it correctly. Keep it for drying.
- Once the glue is dried up, open the card and write “hug me” inside.